Tablet Taster training
Digital tablet courses
We provide Tablet Taster courses for learners of all abilities.
There are three different courses in total. Stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3.
What we require from you
Once you have decided what stage is right for you all we ask is that you come to all 4 sessions by doing so you become a member of the Tower Hamlets OPRG – that’s it!
Once you are enrolled on a course you will be able to borrow a Tablet to practice at home if you wish.
Will I need the Internet at home if I borrow a Tablet?
No. All our Tablets have their own sim cards inside, just like a mobile phone so you will be able to be on the internet and practice no matter where you are!
What you learn
Stage 1 – If you have no or little computer experience, this stage is for you. By the end of the 4 sessions, learners will have an understanding of :
- How a tablet works
- How to use the camera
- How to access the internet
- How to do a basic Google search
Stage 2 – If you have some computer experience and want to update your knowledge and skills. By the end of the four sessions, learners will have an understanding of:
- What Apps are
- How to download and install apps
- How to take and store photos
- Keeping safe and secure online
- How to send photos through email
- How to use the OPRG website
- Buying your own tablet and what you need to get online at home (only impartial advice will be given)
Stage 3 – If you are comfortable using a tablet but want a better understanding of:
- The Tablet’s settings
- Removing unwanted Apps and data
- Making the OPRG website work for you
- Exploring websites and looking at how to get involved in council consultations
- Using Skype
Tablet Taster/ICT home support
If you find it difficult to leave your home to attend classes, we provide sessions based on your needs. We aim to deliver 4 to 6 sessions and an initial home assessment/visit would be completed before sessions begin.
If you want more details please contact us via the Contact OPRG page.